Friendsgiving: A night to remember!


 I am bringing you such a fun post today! Perfect for Thanksgiving Eve! When Aleigh with For the Joy of Life and Natashia from Canary Jane asked me to help them host a Friendsgiving for some other bloggers I was thrilled!! I can't say no to planning a party, really it's a disease I have! I loved hearing Aleigh's story of how she decided to throw this event and it rang true with everything I've gone through in life so not only was it so fun but also meaningful! Especially since these two women had come into my life at the perfect time, a Friendsgiving seemed to be the perfect thing to do!



 It really was a treat to work alongside Aleigh and Natashia to bring this event together. They both worked so hard to make everything happen and we still remain friends after it's over haha! That's saying a lot I think! But really not everything went the way we planned but it turned out beautifully!
Jane.com was gracious enough to host us in their gorgeous headquarters. We could not have asked for a better venue! Everything is incredible there and all the guests wanted a tour to see all the special rooms they have.



 The guests trickled in and mingled for a bit and some AWESOME ladies even helped us with some last minute decorating!


I had a blast helping out with the decor. We incorporated chambray on all the tables and under the flower boxes I had. We filled those with mini pumpkins, fresh greenery and chalkboard pumpkins from Rod Works. We used Northstar Balloons for the presentation backdrop (which we tore down and used for all the group photos since they were so fun), and some giant balloons spelling "Friendsgiving" in the back of the room. They really brought the event to life! Balloons are everything people!!!




Each table had a fabric like (but totally affordable and disposable) table cloth from Consumer Crafts, wood slice, chambray, flowers, greenery and a yummy smelling candle from Bridgewater Candles. Simple yet so pretty! At every place setting was a gold leaf from Rod Works, utensils and champagne glass also from Consumer Crafts.


 

 Okay let's talk about my favorite part. FOOD! We had an amazing meal from Around Eatery! They brought buffalo chicken and turkey cranberry wraps that were so good! They also brought a delicious salad and everyone got their own full bowl of it! Delicious! If you are in Northern Lehi make sure you go and check them out! I've already gone back twice now and I love everything I've tried! (Hint: get the pumpkin shake before it's out of season!!!).





 Aleigh made these amazing gourmet cupcakes. Salted Carmel Pumpkin and Cranberry Mousse! She is starting up her home bakery Oh Joy Bakery again and brought these delicious things to show off what she can do! And dang girl!!! They were amazing I took quite a few home and they were gone in like 2 days by yours truly #pregnancyproblems.


 


 Black Sheep Cafe brought the most delicious lemonade I've ever had! It was a cactus pear lemonade and I couldn't stop drinking it all night. It was good you guys. Hahahaha!!!



Several of our sponsors donated items for a giveaway! So after dinner we treated our guests to some fun items. We had giveaways from Kortni Jeane, Freshly Picked, Agnes and Dora, Bridgewater Candles, and Rad Swim! We definitely got the energy going in the room.
 






 All of these photos were taken by the talented Summer Nicole Photo. She did an incredible job of capturing the night! Check out all her work here!



And this, my friends, is Kallie Cooper. I love this girl! She is talented, bubbly, always happy and knows how to make everyone around her happy and feel great about themselves. She put together an amazing video (check the bottom of my post to see it! Or watch it here) of the event and I love every second! She does an incredible job with missionary homecomings and births also! Make sure you check out all of her work here.


 
 Aleigh presented the purpose of the event which was to promote her Thankful Heart blog series and link up. She really wanted everyone to join just so she could connect with others through gratitude. I've been participating all month and it has been a blessing to reflect on the things in my life that are true blessings. Aleigh has such a sweet spirit and really knows how to recognize everything good in the world! Make sure you read her posts this month that are a part of the link up and you will see what I'm talking about!


Natashia presented her beautiful prints to showcase gratitude in a new way! She is an incredible artist and came up with a tree with leaves you can add on or a tree stump where you can write what you're grateful for in the rings of the tree. Her free printable would be a perfect addition to your thanksgiving table tomorrow! Head over to her blog to download and print them out at home as a last minute addition! 



To end the night in the most perfect way possible Calee Reed sang to us and shared so many amazing and uplifting words with us. I was so touched by her spirit and power to share her testimony through song. Also, she is hilarious!! She had us cracking up mid song yet still kept the beautiful vibe going. She has a cd in Deseret Book and on iTunes with her incredible voice. I know it's on my wish list this year! I'm always needing new and GOOD music, and I could listen to Calee sing all day everyday!






Natashia created this beautiful back drop where we took so many photos. Because what's a party without a photo booth?? NOTHING!!! Hahaha!! Just kidding, but really. Isn't it amazing? She took real flowers and layered her own hand drawn flowers over them for a cool effect. 


At the end of the night everyone left with a pretty sweet swag bag. It was filled with items from Kortni Jeane, Bridgewater Candles, Thread Wallets, macarons from Sugar and Confetti, Calligraphy.org, Rad Swim, Hope Ave, DownEast, Holster Brands, and Copper Pearl. Also coupons and gift cards from Loved by Sophia Claire, Around Eatery, Gathre, Consumer Crafts, Rod Works and a sample from Tubby Todd. All of these items were packed in a perfect canvas tote supplied by Jane.com!
My dress and hat, Aleigh's dress and Natashia's shirt were all supplied by DownEast! I love that place so much! Probably because I worked there for so long and they have a special place in my heart. 😊 Definitely some good times and good people!

A HUGE thank you to all of our sponsors! We could not have pulled this off without you!


  It was so fun to hang out with all these gorgeous women all night! I absolutely love this community I've stumbled upon through my business and now I am so excited to be a part of it through this blog. That is something that I won't post a whole post about but I'll say it now. I have made so many amazing relationships through the blogging community. I have met so many inspiring, hardworking and KIND women! I might be terrible with names but I will never forget how someone made me feel while hanging around them. And it was ALL GOOD at this event.

Now check out the video from the event!

Friendsgiving from KC Film & Photo on Vimeo.





No comments