A Thanksgiving Tablescape to Remember


Back in 2015 Thanksgivingcame a little early for my family since two of my brothers were in town only for a couple of days at the same time. It was also the last time we'd all be together for at least a year and a half since my little sister served a mission for the LDS church that following January.
I couldn't have been more thrilled when my mom asked me to be in charge of place settings and decor.  I knew this had to be a big deal!
We decided to hold dinner and activities at my parents church since my siblings families have grown so much. Not my ideal place to decorate but we made it work!
 I'm not very traditional when it comes to holiday decor as my family knows (and rolls their eyes at) so I chose to work with a more simple muted color palate than your normal fall oranges, browns and yellows. This Thanksgiving tablscape is full of burlap, black and white, and touches of gold. I love how it turned out!!


I discovered the Madhouse Collection by Michael Aram a few years ago and ordered these amazing twig plasticware sets and have been dying to use them for something since. They are close to my favorite thing at the table! Add a gold pie plate, birch straws (you can find the same straws here on Amazon), a simple stamped napkin and a black and gold name leaf and voile! A perfect place setting.


This, right here, is my favorite thing at the table! Me and my hubby built this simple flower box from fence wood (costing a total of about $8!) and me, my sister and sister in law filled it with pumpkins, succulents and roses. Simply breathtaking!


I love how this Oh Joy! for Target pitcher went so perfectly with the table! I had been eyeing it for a while and Thanksgiving was the perfect excuse to splurge. You can find a similar one here


Alright, here is the fun part!! I saw this downloadable set from The Caravan Shoppe a few weeks ago and fell in love! For only $10 I had an adorable set of options for a tablescape for the kids. The poster, napkin rings and table lay were all included.


I thought the kids would enjoy seeing their names on a stand and gave them all different patterned black and white straws (we saw them trading shortly before dinner, it was pretty cute!) and the napkin rings went perfectly with black and white striped napkins.


Here's an idea of the set up. Fun woodland animals under every clear plate, a turkey cookie with plain white royal icing that they got to decorate later with edible markers, and utensils including colored pencils to draw on the table.



And of course, it's not Thanksgiving without pie! Dinner was late at night so the rest of these pictures aren't as great due to lighting. I'm also still learning with my camera :D


So many pies...



Oh hello! Roses, succulents and in a pumpkin! How pretty!



A huge shoutout goes to The Alison Show and Alison's Cookie Party for helping me make these cookies perfect the first time I tried! They were a huge hit and the kids loved decorating and eating them after! Alison also did a kids table using a similar printable set from the Caravan Shoppe, you can see that here. She also gave me the idea to run out to Tai Pan Trading and get those really cute wooden circle branches! Love them to pieces!




Thanks for coming along for the Thanksgiving ride! I hope yours is wonderful tomorrow and I would love to see what you do for your Turkey Day tablescapes! Post your links below!


No comments